Neil deGrasse Tyson
Letters to the Editor
- Happy Birthday, NASA
- A letter to NASA on the occasion of our shared upcoming 60th birthday.
- Remembering Holbrooke
- Memories of Ambassador Richard Holbrooke in a letter to the New York Times on December 16, 2010.
- No Apocalypse in 2012
- Thoughts on the upcoming solar maximum and the 2012 doomsday myth, New York Times, August 24, 2010.
- A Teacher, a Student and a Church-State Dispute
- Commentary on the assertion that religious beliefs should be taught alongside science, New York Times, December 21, 2006.
- World Trade Center Anniversary
- A letter to the New York Times on September 11, 2002 with thoughts on the one-year anniversary of the September 11 attacks.
- The Worst of Times, The Best of Times
- Follow-up correspondence to family and friends giving an update on the family’s psychological state and the living conditions in Lower Manhattan, December 11, 2001.
- The Horror, The Horror
- First-hand account via email of the World Trade Center attacks and subsequent evacuation from Lower Manhattan residence, September 12, 2001.